Since 2001, our commitment to quality, the environment and occupational safety has led us to progressively implement an Integrated Management System, starting with the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard, completing our System with those corresponding to ISO 14001 and recently with those of ISO 45001.
At the same time, on completing the integration of our Management System, we have carried out the validation of our Environmental Statement and the corresponding certification in accordance with the requirements of the EMAS Regulation.
Certifications ISO and EMAS
ES130850-1 EMAS III
EMAS. Beyond ISO 14001
The European EMAS Regulation (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) defines an environmental management and audit scheme open to any type of organisation at international level and regardless of its activity.
The environmental management system model of this Regulation is based on the ISO 14001 standard, and proposes an effective system to help organisations to manage and continuously improve their environmental performance. However, EMAS contains its own requirements that make it a model of excellence for environmental management.
Benefits of the EMAS Regulation
In addition to the benefits associated with the implementation of an ISO 14001 environmental management system, the EMAS Regulation helps organisations to contribute to the development of a Circular Economy, as EMAS:
- It requires environmental performance indicators to analyse and measure the efficient use of resources, from a life cycle perspective and risk-based thinking.
- It allows not only to ensure legal compliance, but also to anticipate the approval of new environmental requirements, which contributes to minimising risks from a preventive approach and to identify new business opportunities.
- It requires the active involvement of employees, making them aware of the importance of their participation in the management system. This approach has been a feature of the EMAS Regulation since its inception.
- The Environmental Statement validated by an independent and accredited verifier is a powerful communication tool that helps the organisation to show the value of the effort derived from the implementation of an environmental management system. It is also an exercise in transparency that is recognised by all stakeholders, including public administrations.
- It is a driving force for innovation, since the promotion of continuous improvement by the organisation drives the investigation of new targets for reducing consumption, changes in processes, the search for less polluting materials, etc.
Our products are certified to comply with the regulations of the different countries in which we operate. Below are some of the certifications currently in force: