Air source energy is a type of energy present in nature, renewable and free. Air source energy is defined as energy stored in the form of heat in the air. This is possible because thermal energy can be extracted from the air around us, and for this, we need an air source heat pump.
An air source heat pump extracts the energy contained in the air, even when we are at negative temperatures, and transfers this energy for the production of heating and domestic hot water. Furthermore, an air source heat pump is capable of producing cold in our home, even when we are at high temperatures, ensuring comfort throughout the year.
The air source heat pumps consist of a thermodynamic cycle that uses a refrigerating gas in its interior capable of being compressed at a very low temperature to extract heat from the exterior air.
Normally, air source heat pumps are made up of two parts: an exterior module where the refrigerating circuit is located and an interior module where the control unit and the rest of the elements needed in the installation are located, with different combinations.
An aerothermal heat pump has an efficiency of 4 to 1, that is, for each kW consumed by the heat pump, it is capable of producing 4 kW of heat. Thanks to this, the savings achieved in a home are spectacular, significantly reducing the heating bill.
How does the air source heat pump work?
An air source heat pump works in the same way as any other type of heat pump, using air asa renewable energy source.
ADVANTAGES: ENERGY EFFICIENCY, SAVINGS AND SUSTAINABILITY
· It reduces energy consumption in households and consequently lowers the cost of the energy bill.
· It is an integral solution since it provides cold, heat and hot water in the same system.
· Furthermore, it is a safe structure that does not involve any risks as it does not produce combustion, nor fumes or dirt.
· It is a beneficial system for the environment thanks to the reduction of CO2 emissions.
· It implies a lower initial investment than other types of renewable energy.
· We are talking about a local energy resource that can prevent a country from depending on energy resources from abroad.
· The maintenance is very simple and does not involve any economic cost.
· Its use in different countries for decades certifies its functionality and supports its high reliability in terms of operation.
· It is possible to combine it with other renewable energy sources and it is practically possible to achieve self-consumption (only the ecoAIR range together with our energy managers).